History

A little bit of history…

Castello Tesino’s musical tradition dates back to 1901: Martino Braus bought some instruments and formed a group that in 1903 participated in a musical competition in Trento during the Feste Vigiliane. That was the first official event that allowed the band to get “parchment and flag”. In 1909 the first Statute was written and it was approved by the Imperial Regia Luogotenenza of Innsbruck (Austria). In 1946 Carlo Deflorian and Bruno Zanettin continued the activities of the band and they brought the seat of the band to the local oratory. In 1981 the band adopted the traditional and ancient costumes of Tesino valley and was renamed Banda Folkloristica. The band’s activity reached its peak with Maestro Lele Lauter when it cut an LP record. In 2001 the band, directed by Maestro Claudio Dorigato, celebrated its first centenary from its foundation in a regarded meeting where also many band groups from Trentino participated.

 

From 2003 the band is directed by Maestro Ivan Villanova and the president-in-office is Claudio Costa. The group possesses a repertoire of Blasmusik. Thanks to this and to the authenticity and beauty of our traditional Tesino costumes, we are often invited to many national events. In 2008 the band represented Trentino in Rome at the “Festa della Musica Popolare” in honour of Saint Cecilia, promoted by the Ministero dei Beni Culturali. Then, the band was invited to numerous national and international exhibitions, including Raduno Bandistico Nazionale di Gubbio (PG), Rassegna Arcadia Musica e Sapori (Val di Sole), Internazionale Blasmusikertreffen of Wolfsberg (Austria), Traubenfest of Merano (BZ), Festival Internazionale di Giulianova (TE), FAKS Festival of Rovigno (Croatia), and Rassegna Bandistica of Follonica (GR).

Read more about us: Traditional Costume